28 Septembrie 2017, ora 9:30 – 16:00
Microsoft România, sala Downtown 2
P-ța Presei Libere nr. 3-5, Clădirile City-Gate, Turnul de Sud, etaj 2
This workshop is for both the business decision makers of all industries and IT specialists.
The workshop is free of charge, on the basis of prior registration.
About the workshop
Avaelgo, Asseco and Microsoft Romania invite you to a free workshop focusing on Cloud migration with Lift and Shift and Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
In the first part of the workshop, we will address one of the easiest ways to migrate existing solutions into the Cloud: the Lift and Shift approach, or how can existing solutions be replicated in the Cloud without changing their architecture. Lift and Shift in Microsoft Azure brings advantages such as scalability, agility, and cost-effectiveness, while also representing a good start for a recovery plan in case of disaster.
Here are the key benefits of moving into the Cloud with Lift and Shift:
- Eliminate the unexpected downtime and poor performance of your application
- Grow efficiently – use the Cloud to optimize your costs, by reducing or eliminating hardware costs and maintenance and paying only for what your application uses
- Easy recover data in case of data loss scenarios (data accidentally deleted, volume deleted, viruses etc) or disasters (server destroyed/stolen, disk crash)
In the second part of the workshop, we’ll go into detail about what Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery really means. So if you experienced outages or moments when your solution was not online, or you’ve got an ERP / CRM solution / other line-of-business (LOB) solution which must run during the business hours but sometimes it fails to do that, then you will find this part extremely interesting. Or maybe you’re just afraid of losing business data and all the time that it’s going to take to recover it all. Perhaps you want to protect your business from ransomware cyber attacks such as Wannacry. This free workshop is a great opportunity to learn more about how to ensure your business continuity.
Some of the key benefits of Basic Backup or Disaster Recovery are:
- Maintaining your employee productivity and your business’s ability to generate revenue
- Preventing your company from losing business to the competition during downtime
- Ensuring compliance with the new GDPR regulations
09:30 – 10:00 Registration
10:00 – 10:45 Cloud Migration: Lift and Shift in Microsoft Azure (I) with Mihai Tătăran
10:45 – 11:00 Break
11:00 – 11:45 Cloud Migration: Lift and Shift in Microsoft Azure (II) with Mihai Tătăran
11:45 – 12:00 Q&A
12:00 – 13:30 Lunch
13:30 – 14:15 Basic Backup or Disaster Recovery? (I) with Florin Loghiade
14:15 – 14:30 Break
14:30 – 15:15 Basic Backup or Disaster Recovery? (II) with Florin Loghiade
15:15 – 16:00 – Q&A & Networking