Web Development with ASP.NET MVC5 and Microsoft Azure
Hands-on practice with thorough explanations, presentations, demos, small standalone exercises during the training.
A 5 days seminar for middle .NET developers
About the course
At the end of this course, you will be able to architect and program ASP.NET MVC 5 solutions which run in Microsoft Azure. On top of this, you will have a clear and complete view of Azure’s services, options and features.
This course is also helpful to prepare for Microsoft Certification exams:Exam 70-534: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions Exam 70-486: Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications
This training is for
This course is aimed at programmers, software project managers, software team leaders – with a minimum experience in programming.
Software Project Managers
Software Team Leaders
1. Introduction of ASP.NET technologies
2. Model View ControllerWhy MVC. Architectural considerations URL Routing explained. Custom routes. URL rewrite Views with the Razor engine Controllers
3. Request processing pipeline. Extension points in ASP.NET MVC. Attribute routing
4. Views, Strongly typed views, Partial Views
5. Output Caching, Async Controllers
6. HTTP Modules and HTTP Handlers in ASP.NET MVC
7. Session management
8. MVC with Entity Framework and data access. EF code first, migrations
9. Data annotations, validation, client side validation
10. Complex binding, Custom Model Binders
11. Action Filters
12. Architecting ASP.NET MVC solutions:Dependency Injection Unit of Work Repository Pattern
13. Introduction to Microsoft Azure, the full view: IaaS, PaaS, elasticity explained – presentation
14. Websites, Cloud Services (WebRoles and WorkerRoles), Virtual Machines. Lab with Websites and Cloud Services
15. Azure Storage. Lab with Table Storage and / or Blob Storage
16. SQL Database. Lab with Entity Framework accessing a SQL Database
17. Transient faults and retry policies with Azure Services. Lab with retry policies
18. Hosting ASP.NET MVC applications. More about IIS: Application Pools, request processing; details about the Cloud Services in Azure from a hosting perspective
19. Load balancing web applications: horizontal and vertical scaling, Application Request Routing, state considerations and changes
20. Azure Autoscaling options
21. Azure Mobile Services
22. Azure solutions operations: powershell commands for automating tasks
23. Azure Caching
24. Azure Diagnostics
25. ASP.NET Identity and Azure Active Directory
26. Patterns in Azure:Compute-intensive applications Long-running applications Storage-centric solutions
Previous ASP.NET MVC 5 and Azure knowledge is not necessary, but .NET and C# skills are helpful.
HARDWARE / SOFTWARE
The trainees need a personal laptop with Visual Studio 2013, Azure SDK and access to an Azure subscription.